Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby on Board!!!!

As you can tell it has been awhile since I've posted. It has been a crazy past couple of weeks getting over Christmas and the New Year, as well as some VERY exciting news that BJ and I encountered Friday, Dec. 30th! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A BABY!!!! That's right........come September, I will be a mommy and I am full of joy!! Words can honestly not describe the sense of gratitude and thankfulness we both are to God for allowing us to take on such an important role in life as being parents! I'm sure most of you would like to know "the story" so prepare to read :)

We have been trying for a baby for sometime now...a little over a year to be exact, and as some of you can probably relate, for me, it became very stressful. Month to month was like a huge waiting game, only to see the ONE red line on the test. So, like most other women would do, I told myself no more tests, no more worrying, and that God would work it out in His own time! The month started out by wanting to eat steak, in which I haven't touched a steak in almost 3 years now! Can't stand eggs and won't look at green beans....but they all happened in spurts so I really thought nothing of it. Finally Friday rolled around and I was ONE day late, and no symptoms of it approaching at all, so for peace of mind I bought a test. After about 5 lol, I was convinced our wait was over!!

This was New Years holiday so I knew I wouldn't be able to get to the Doctor until Tuesday and to hold news in that long would have killed us!! However, we decided to tell our parents and siblings only and hold out for a Dr. visit to tell everyone else! Since I had hardly no time Friday to plan a cute way (I took the tests about 3 o clock Friday afternoon) I had to think fast! My parents and my in-laws do banking with the bank I work at, so I typed up a letter and enclosed it in a BHS envelope with an "important" stamp on the outside. **BJ couldn't hold it in to quite everyone.....he told his dad as soon as I told him lol, so Mr. Barry helped in gathering that side of the family for an important talk at his house. I walked in like I had no idea what was going on, and simply handed the addressed envelope to Mrs. Karen and said since I was doing mail today I saved postage and just brought this to you! Literally, it took her 10 MIN to comprehend lol....the note said...."Congratulations, you are the soon to be MEME of three!" This is when the fun began....laughter, excitement, and tears of joy with Barry, Karen, Kasie, Colter, and the girls. Paige and Justin were at a Grizzlies game so we had to phone her the good news and I believe you could have heard her across town she was so excited!!

Then it was off to round up my parents spur of the moment! My parents just so happened to be eating at Mexican, so I told them about the letter they needed to come pick up from the bank and also had to throw in that I had a late Christmas present....and it was to big to fit in moms car so dad had to come. (They were in seperate vehicles) They arrived, mom read the letter, and the tears began to flow!! Their letter read "God couldn't be everywhere, so He made grandparents!" I guess you could say, excitement is an understatement for how our weekend went!!

I finally managed to get in to see the Dr. at 10 AM Tuesday and he confirmed the good news. Although I am very early, and at first was a little hesitant to spread the word because I'm so early, I have faith that God is going to bless us with a very healthy boy or girl. As of this Friday I will be 5 weeks, and I go back in 2 weeks to hear the heartbeat and hopefully make a better determination of my due date, which for now is set for September 7th.

So.......I'll be posting and updating very often about our little bundle of joy! Here is a pic of the very first ultra sound....no bigger than the end of an eraser, but like the Dr. said...you gotta start somewhere! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment