Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The Christmas festivities have arrived and we are all in FULL swing! This week has been busy busy busy...and I don't see a slow down until Christmas is over. But...I am not complaining! I love the business of the Christmas season. Monday was a quick Tupelo run with Mom, Tuesday night I had a cookie swap and spa party at Paige's house, hosted by Kasie and we all had a great time! Here are pics of my cookies I made! They were technically supposed to be homemade, but I got away with the cuteness and not being homemade haha.

 Oh, and I almost forgot....our Sunday School party last Sunday was a hit! We painted Christmas trees, had christmas tree brownies, and snowmen powdered donuts!! Here is a picture of them opening their gifts from me AFTER we all recited our memory verse :)
 And...Maggie Lynn styling in her new glasses from me haha. She is to cute!
 So....last night was crazy! I come home from running and making a run to the grocery store to buy things needed for our bank Christmas dinner today and tomorrow and come home to find my memes car in my driveway? So I walk in and they have apparently made BJ leave and had planned a scavenger hunt for presents in my house! WE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR!!! I had soooo much fun finding all the presents. From my tanning bed, my lunchbox, the microwave, under the sink, in the closet, and even in the washing machine lol, they had them hid everywhere, and even stuck around to watch us hunt for the gifts. I am so very thankful for those two women in my life. There is no way I could have made it this far in life, nor be half the person I am without the love and guidence from them. I am thankful everyday for God blessing me with both my mom and Meme. I don't deserve near the things they do for me, but I am very greatful and appreciative of all they do. They've made this Christmas great already for both of us, and I could never thank them enough for always wanting to just see us smile. Here are a few pics of what I got hehe!
 A framed picture of me and my Daddy!! Don't you love the semi mullett haha. I love my Daddy!
 MY STEVE MADDEN BOOTS!!!!! I bought a pair just like this 2 years ago and have literally worn a hold in them. After frantically looking all year for a new pair, I was told they weren't made anymore....but look who came through! Mom and MEME! Always on the look-out and I am wearing them TODAY!!! I am forever thankful :)
AND....new perfume that I had been wanting to test out, and my all time favorite, can hardly ever find, the best ever perfume.....Ralph Lauren BLUE! I am beyond spoiled.......


Tomorrow the bank will have another Christmas lunch and we are closing at 4 instead of 5:30....THANK GOODNESS!! After that it is off to Grandma and Papa T's, followed by Christmas Eve at Mrs. Karen's, Christmas Day at Grandma Allen's for lunch, a swing through in Ashland at Aunt Deb's to see Suzy, Meme, Nanny, and the rest of the fam, then Memaw's for supper. And finally, Granny's the day after Christmas at lunch! WHEW!!

I am excited for all the places we are attending, and very greatful that I have so much family still here and so close together in towns that I CAN attend all these Christmas events. Family is one of the most important things in life and as I grow older, I realize everyday that I am beyond blessed with an amazing family. I will be sad of one thing....no Christmas at my parents house this year. They have church at 9AM, so we would all be rushed to get there EARLY that morning and get things accomplished. BUT, I will see them at Grandma Allen's for lunch, then the day after Christmas at Granny's....but with me I may have to sneak some more time in with them! I'm not quite used to this "not at home for Christmas business yet." :)

Anyway, I've done enough rambling for the day. I will be back for an update AFTER Christmas! I wish all of you and your families a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

With Love,

Laken**

No comments:

Post a Comment