Sunday was my neice Maggie Lynn's 4th birthday and boy am I so thankful for this little girl. Being born at 25 weeks and weighing only 1.4 lbs. this little girl was born a fighter who is just as tough as her mom. As I've had the experience of watching her grow, learn, and develop a personality all of her own, I am more thankful to be a part of her life each day. Not to mention she is as healthy as can be, and has more energy than even she knows that to do with sometimes :)
Let me not forget the other bundle of joy that allows me to hold the name of "Aunt Yake." Mille Caroline will be 3 years old on December 16th, and words cannot even describe this little girl. Her facial expressions will have you rolling within minutes of holding a conversation with her, and she is definitly one to let you know whats on her mind. She is quick to be sneaky, yet even quicker to have that innocent grin on her face that'll make you want to squeeze her for days :)
These girls have been a tremendous part of my life over the years and I am so excited to see what the future holds for them. I don't have children of my own YET, but I'll tell you my love for these two girls is to the moon and back. I've heard several people say, grandparents may spoil the grandchildren, but nothing compared what an Aunt will do, and I am starting to believe that more and more.
So....the girls are really into the movie TANGLED right now so that is the theme we are going by. Some of you who don't know, this is really an up to date movie resembling Rapunzel. So after work we are all headed to the Thomas Tower lol, really the school building upstairs, for a Tangled party....!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLS....AUNT YAKE LOVES YOU LOTS :)
Oh and one more thing....did I mention SNOW today? Yeah...well about the time we pulled in the driveway yesterday it started spitting snow and it was freezing.....and this morning the ground was all covered. Of course it melted pretty quickly, but coming home from a cruise where it was around 80 degrees to snow was NOT GOOD for my sinuses. Therefore, I've already made a visit to the Dr. for a good ole sinus cocktail shot. I'm hoping to ease through this little bug with no problem. Here is a pic of the bank this morning with the snow.

No comments:
Post a Comment